Cut Out a Cross with One Straight Cut
How can you cut out a shape of a cross from a regular piece of paper with one, straight cut? Follow the steps below to find out.
- Fold the top corner down to the edge of the paper.
- Fold the top right corner down.
- Fold in half along a vertical line.
- Fold in half vertically again.
- Cut along the vertical line.
- Erik and Martin Demaine developed theory and techniques behind fold-and-cut figures. Erik's web site has examples of more elaborate shapes you can make.