You can make these beautiful designs using a pendulum that leaves a trail of salt.
- Cup of salt
- Plastic bag
- Cut off one corner of the plastic bag to make a very small hole.
- Pour a cupful of salt into the bag.
- Check to see if the salt pours out of the hole in a slow, steady stream. Cut a bit more off the corner of the bag if you need to.
- Tie the bag onto the string and hang it from the ceiling to make a tall pendulum. Adjust the length of the string so the corner of the bag almost touches the floor.
- Place poster board on the floor underneath the pendulum.
- Swing the pendulum and watch the salt make a pattern.