Slide-Together Models Made with Decagons
George Hart, the king of polyhedra-inspired sculpture, created models that are easy to build by sliding together simple shapes.
- Cut out 12 pattern pieces from card stock. Use six different colors for an interesting model.
- Slide pieces together at the slots. You will have to bend tabs out of the way and bend them back to make this model.
- Refer to the picture to see what the end result will look like.
- The slots in the decagons cut the edges in the golden ratio.
- This model is related to the small rhombidodecahedron.
- It is also related to the small dodecicosidodecahedron.
- Images of the two polyhedra were created by Robert Webb's Great Stella software
- Slide together models are described on George Hart's website.
- George Hart wrote a paper about using slide-together models in the classroom.