Weave a Cube I
Weave three strips of paper with the same over-and-under pattern as you would use to braid hair and you will create a cube. The model is surprisingly solid and doesn't require any tape or glue.
- This model works well using either card stock or normal weight paper.
- Cut out the three strips from the pattern.
- Score and crease mountain folds along the dot-dashed lines.
- Place the strips on top of each other as shown.
- Braid the strips together alternately passing over and under the adjacent strip. The faces with underlined numbers go under the face with the corresponding number.
- John Gorham developed the technique of weaving polyhedra to make models that are useful when studying crystallography.